Sunday, February 3, 2008

Birth Story: Final :D

Let's see, where was I?

I don't think anyone was able to sleep that night. The urge to send death threats to JH didn't help either, it might have caused a bit of panic from across the globe LOL.

By 6am, I was rushed to the delivery room ready to push this baby out! Apparently, it was too late to take any drugs for pain relief. As you can imagine, I was screaming all the way :P

My waters didn't break, so the medical staff had to rupture the membranes. Mum was holding my hand, while the Doctor and nurses gave me instructions to push only during contractions. Even when I wasn't trying to, it seemed like Jiwon was forcing himself out!

In the middle of all this commotion, Mum slowly fainted. I almost fell out of bed because she was still holding my hand LOL. If I can recall correctly, there were about 5 or 6 medical staff in the room!

Anyway, by 6:39am... Jiwon was born!! He cried for a split second and was soon placed into my arms. He was really red & skinny, weighing at just 6.1 lb.

No matter how painful the past 24 hours had been, it was all forgotten the moment I saw him ^^

2 comments:

Laura said...

I always get exhausted just reading about your experience! So... with your second child.. would you make sure to have the drugs? *taking down notes* ;P

Laura said...

Where are the pictures of Jiwon and his god mother Laura? Those are pics I want to see! :D