Monday, December 31, 2007

Birth Story: Part 2 (of 3) ^^







Initially, the contractions weren't too bad! I was still smiling and laughing before midnight. They were however, becoming stronger, lasting longer and occuring more frequently. I think the actual delivery seemed less painful. Even without drugs. Pretty crazy, huh?

What did contractions feel like? During each one, your mind is drawn towards the pain. Breathing becomes a chore and everything else disappears into the background. Imagine a pro-wrestler wringing your whole stomach non-stop. Now multiply that by 5...

Anyway, the midwives frequently checked how far dilated I was - an extremely unpleasant procedure! Luckily I was 3cm by 1am - baby was definitely planning to arrive soon! Yeah right, he was really taking his time. Surely there's only one way out!! By 3am, I was still only 3cm dilated.

(Note = At 10cm, it's time to push.)

Then the Dr from Hell returned, announcing they would induce me at 7am. Honestly, the way she said it seemed more like a threat. I refused for the 3rd time! LOL labour isn't exactly the best time to infuriate anyone. She was patronising and enjoyed terrorising vulnerable patients - and that, was according to the midwives!! I'd like to add more but i'll save it for later ^^

By 5:30am, I was yelling for drugs like someone possessed! Kinda like the Exorcist. Just kidding. The entire floor echoed with my screams and cries. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced. And just when I thought I was finally free from that menacing Dr, she came back... like a disease that wouldn't go away LOL.

Unlike the midwives, she didn't even wait until the contractions stopped before checking how far dilated I was. How satisfying it would have been to strangle her! She was a complete baka, needing to check me twice! Eventually I yelled at her to "get out" with a strong kick strategically aimed in her direction LOL.


3 comments:

Laura said...

It is so interesting hearing about your experience! I am learning so much! I am now thinking children will not be in my future ;) lol

How is the cute little Ji Won doing? ^^

Laura said...

Where are the new pictures?! :D I want to see how much my cute little god son has grown!!

Oooh, want to be the first one to know something?? I am going to be an aunt... again! My brother is expecting his second child in September! Children are popping up everywhere!!

Jiwon Lee said...

Maji de?! Congrats Laura-chan :D It's probably to early to know if you're going to have a niece or nephew, but isn't it exciting?! ^^ Btw, how's your friend coping? Is it almost time for her to give birth too?